Improving Your Quality Of Life
With Compassionate Care
Avante Women’s Care
At Avante Women’s Clinic, you can expect personal attention to your needs and the best possible service in the El Paso area. With years of experience, our office staff is dedicated to serving our patients. We utilize the latest technology to ensure that our patients’ visits are quick and efficient.
We provide high quality, state of the art, advanced, sensitive, personalized, and compassionate care in the treatment of women with gynecological issues and bladder problems. We aim to provide patients with a comfortable, friendly, and pleasant experience. We strive to make a proper, meticulous and evidence-based diagnosis of patient conditions. We then provide a treatment plan that is individualized to the patient.
Our staff understands the diverse needs of our patients. This helps us to optimize, focus, and individualize the treatments we provide for our patients. Our goal is for our patients to have a comfortable and pleasant experience and to be confident in their provider.
Avante Women’s Care provides high quality, state of the art, advanced, sensitive, personalized, and compassionate care in the treatment of women with gynecological issues and bladder problems. We offer complete holistic care in the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of gynecological and bladder issues for all women. Each and every patient will be cared for with a friendly attitude, patience and kindness. We strive to provide patients with a comfortable atmosphere in which they feel unrushed, listened to, informed, and educated.
Our area of expertise is urogynecology. This includes bladder issues, pelvic prolapse, and incontinence or the involuntary loss of urine, and gynecological issues such as dysfunctional bleeding, heavy menstrual cycles, irregular menses, pelvic pain, ovarian problems, and most other gynecologic difficulties.
We aim to provide patients with a comfortable, friendly, and pleasant experience. We strive to make proper, meticulous and evidence-based diagnoses of patient conditions and prepare an individualized treatment plan, whether that be conservative medical management (medications, physical therapy, prolapse devices) or surgery. It is also of the utmost importance to us that our patients be educated, informed of their condition and diagnosis, and be an intimate part of the decision making process for the treatment plan. We achieve this goal through meticulous evaluation of the options and detailed counseling of the patient at all times.
Avante Women’s Care is directed by Dr. Robert Asgharian. Dr. Asgharian is one of the nation’s first board certified specialists in urogynecology, also known as Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery. He has been performing advanced minimally invasive surgeries and urogynecological procedures since he started his private practice.
Should a patient need surgery, the vast majority of surgeries performed by Dr. Asgharian are minimally invasive so the patient can return to their daily life quickly,with a rapid recovery and minimal pain compared to traditional surgery. Dr. Asgharian has practiced gynecology and urogynecology since 2002 and has years of experience in advanced and minimally invasive surgery, as well as urogynecology. This experience and expertise leads to optimized surgical outcomes and a significantly reduced risk of complications. Additionally, Dr. Asgharian is an advanced surgeon in the use of Robotic surgery techniques and has trained surgeons from across the country in this field.
About Dr Asgharian
Dr. Asgharian is board certified in both Obstetrics & Gynecology and Urogynecology (Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery). Dr. Asgharian’s practice is a Certified Center of Excellence in both minimally invasive surgery and robotic surgery. He has advanced training and experience in urogynecology and minimally invasive surgery and has been practicing in El Paso since 2002.
Conditions We Manage
- Pelvic prolapse and poor support
- Cystocele (fallen bladder)
- Uterine procidentia (fallen uterus)
- Rectocele (rectum bulges into vagina)
- Bladder dysfunction and problems
- Overactive bladder
- Urinary incontinence
- Fecal incontinence
- Pelvic pressure or pain
- Sensation of pressure or mass in vagina
- Urgency to urinate
- Inability to empty bladder
- Painful bladder
- Burning with urination
- Nighttime urination
- Urinary frequency
- Urinary urgency
- Urinary retention (unable to empty the bladder)
- Recurrent urinary infections
- Uterine fibroids
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Heavy menses (Menorrhagia)
- Bleeding between menses
- Irregular menses
- Sexual pain (Dyspareunia)
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Genital itching (pruritus)
- Vaginal discharge (leucorrhea)
- Vaginal atrophy (from menopause)
- Post menopausal bleeding
- Recurrent vaginal infections
American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG)
American Urogynecology Society
Texas Medical Association (TMA)
Society of Robotic Surgery (SRS)
International Urogynecological Association (IUA)
Certified Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Surgery (COEMIG)
Certified Center of Excellence for Robotic Surgery (COERS)
Director of Robotic Surgery, Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso, TX.
Past Chairman of OB/GYN, Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso, TX.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition from the American Registry
Vitals.com Patient Choice Award (5 years)
Best 10 Doctors Award for El Paso
Consumers Research Council Best OB/GYN doctor
Healthgrades.com Honor Roll recognized doctor
Threebestrated.com Top 3 Gynecologists in El Paso
Ratemds.com Top 2 Gynecologists in El Paso
Procedures We Perform
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Avante Women’s Health specializes in minimally invasive surgery and robotic surgery using the Da Vinci surgical system. Minimally Invasive Surgery is the gold standard of care for women as far as quick recovery, minimal scarring, minimal pain, minimal risk of infection, and reduced complications.
- Robotic Surgery
- Midurethral tape/sling for incontinence (involuntary loss of urine) both retropubic and obturator type slings.
- Robotic Burch Procedure (Surgical incontinence procedure without the use of mesh)
- Sacrocolpopexy (Pelvic support surgery)
- Cystocele and Rectocele Repair
- Vaginal prolapse surgery, suspension of the Vagina
- Tightening of vagina (Perineoplasty)
- Interstim for Overactive bladder
- Interstim for Fecal Incontinence
- Urogenital fistual repair
- Mesh Resection and treatment of mesh complications
- Hysterectomy (Minimally Invasive Robotic or Laparoscopic)
- Myomectomy (Removal of fibroid while preserving the uterus)
- Removal of ovarian cysts and tumors
- Removal of one or both ovaries
- Laser/Cone of Cervical Dysplasia
Pelvic Pain, Infertility, and Sterility Surgery
- Endometriosis Surgery (with the use of laser or bipolar electric cautery)
- Pelvic pain surgery
- Surgical correction of a damaged fallopian tube(Neosalpingostomy)
- Hysteroscopic surgery for removal of fibroids and polyps
- Lysis of adhesions (Removal of scar tissue in the pelvis)
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Laparoscopic Bilateral Tubal ligation for permanent sterility
- Annual Gynecologic Healthcare Exam/Routine Pap Smear
- STD testing
- Office Endometrial Biopsy for the evaluation of cancer and pre-cancer of the uterus
- Office Endometrial Ablation
- Menopausal Medicine & Hormone Replacement
- Contraception Counseling and Management
- In-office Bladder Treatment
- Complex Urodynamic testing
- Interstim peripheral nerve evaluation
- Mirena Intrauterine Device (IUD) placement
- Nexplanon Contraceptive Implant placement
- Depot Provera injection for birth control
- Removal of Nexplanon and Removal of all IUDs
- Removal of Labial skin lesions and Labioplasty